We Love Local! Euronics Agents Serving the Community
Whilst all of our members are firm High Street favourites, we’d like to shine a light on four stories from our independent stores for their outstanding efforts in their respective local communities. Its stories like these that we hear going on up and down the country throughout our network of independent electrical retailers, and it’s what makes them, and Euronics different.
Heart of the Community | Michael R Peter
A firm favourite of the local community, and here’s why;
- They were delighted to receive a visit from Rupert Murdock when they supplied their millionth Sky satellite system.
- They run their own consumer electronics show at the local corn exchange.
- Trevor Baylis, inventor of the windup radio, has spent a day with them at the store.
- The late Bob Monkhouse made a purchase from them!
- Proud to have won the ERT Awards
- Won the Jayne Beard Heart of the Community Award (for five decades of providing outstanding customer service and support to local folk!)
- They participate in the Bedford River Festival, and once built a full-size Dalek to fund raise in Bedford town!
- In 2018, they also carried out their first international installation in Les Gets.
The team is delighted to be welcoming you back in-store from today. Visit them at 19 The Broadway, MK40 2TL or give them a call on 01234 352107. Why not give them a follow on Facebook & Twitter.
Environmentally Friendly Community Initiatives | HBH WoolacottsFounded in 1976, HBH Woolacotts is a local, family run business with 9 shops throughout Cornwall and Devon specialising in selling and servicing a wide range of electrical appliances. With the letters HBH representing their motto - 'Happy to Be Helpful'.
More recently, the HBH Woolacotts team have been recognised for their efforts in sustainability and social responsibility by Business Live. Having teamed up with a Plymouth social enterprise, Plymouth's Collectrical CIC, they are working hard with this not-for-profit organisation to reuse electronic items in an effort to continue to become more environmentally friendly.
The £25,000 investment has been such a success that they invested in another extra-large cardboard baler, and now have three separate machines for cardboard, polystyrene and plastic! All waste packaging from the entire business is now processed at their main depot into recyclable bales.
To further reduce their carbon footprint, solar panels are installed at every suitable site and the company is entirely paperless too!
With branches in Bude, Launceston, Holsworthy, Barnstaple, Plymouth, Wadebridge, Liskeard, St Austell and Bodmin, and free delivery in Cornwall and Devon, you can be sure the team at HBH Woolacotts will be ‘Happy to Be Helpful’ with any of your appliance needs.
Whilst some stores are open again, branches in Cornwall remain temporarily closed, you can check their website for updates here. Or contact their Head Office on 01288 352269. Go give them a follow on social media (Facebook & Twitter).
Appliances Supplier of the Year | Frank B. CraigsA family run business and one of South Lanarkshire’s Highstreet favourites! Frank B. Craigs have been trading since 1932 and are well known in the area for their outstanding service.
Frank B. Craigs offers a wide range of home and kitchen appliances, a plethora of accessories for home audio video products, and a free local delivery service.
- Winner of The SME News UK Enterprise Awards 2020 for Best Kitchen & White Good Appliances. (The SME Awards brought to you by SME News celebrate the success stories of one of the most important sectors in the UK economy).
- They won Kitchen Appliances Supplier of The Year at the Corporate LiveWire Global Awards 2020. (The Corporate LiveWire Awards represent the pinnacle of business achievement, championing the best in their respective fields).
Service you had forgotten to expect | Webbs of Crickhowell
Nestled in the beautiful Wye Valley with the River Usk running through the village, in the southern part of the Brecon Beacons is Webbs of Crickhowell, a three generation family business. Trading in the market town since 1936, Mike says, "Crickhowell is in my blood, community and the high street".Supporting their local community "with service you had forgotten to expect", Webbs deliver electrical appliances to their surrounding towns and cities including Brecon, Abergavenny & Newport, and Hereford & Cardiff. Watch the video to meet the Crickhowell team!
- In 1992, they acquired the Cambrian Arms in Crickhowell and transformed it into their furniture retail arm of the business.
- In 1999, Webbs acquired and converted a beautiful 16th Century granary barn and turned it into their bedroom & bathroom showroom.
- In 2009, they were shortlisted for the Local Business of the Year award, run by popular consumer magazine, Which? The Which? Awards are designed to recognise great customer service and excellent work by local businesses.
- In 2016, Webbs celebrated their 80th year in business, and is now run by second and third generations, the sons and grandsons of the founder, Herbert Webb; John, Richard, and Michael, alongside Peter (John’s son) and James (Richard’s son).
- Every year Webbs has Santa's Post Box in-store for children to write their Christmas lists. Each letter received is thoughtfully written back to by the team.
We Love LocalWhilst everyone is delighted that restrictions are gradually being lifted, coronavirus remains a serious threat across the country and the government is urging us to Stay Local. More information can be found here as to the recommended cautionary measures.
Euronics UK has over 600 Stores Nationwide!
Our network of independent appliance specialists cover England, Wales, Scotland & Northern Ireland, so you can be sure that a local Euronics UK agent is close by! Find out more about Euronics here.