The story of McCoubrey's Electrical stores began in 1957 when Mr McCoubrey senior opened a country General Hardware store and Filling Station near Castlewellan, County Down.
The business moved to the Ballynahinch Road, Castlewellan in 1977 and then to Belfast Road, Ballynahinch in 1986. We moved to our current Superstore premises at High Street, Ballynahinch in 1991. From an early date, the business focused on Electrical goods - which today also include electronic goods - Hi-Fi, Radio, TV, etc. The key factors in the success of our business are:
· The expert product knowledge of our store staff - we see it as our job to help our customer choose the product that is right for their needs.
· Competitive pricing - achieved through our membership of one of the largest independent retail electrical buying groups in Europe.
· FREE Home delivery and installation of a wide range of products.
· Product service - "We Service what we sell".
· We are strongly committed to the traditions of the local independent retailer - serving our local communities with integrity and earning their continuing loyalty.